We all have heard about the benefits of meditation and what it can do for stress and healing. The latest science and research is also showing that many individuals can’t meditate and for some it actually creates more stress during the process. Look no further, we now have an answer. Get ready to relax, reboot, and revitalize with BrainTap!!!!
One thing we all can do is sit or lay down and put on some headphones. Get all the benefits of meditation in just 15-20 minutes with this amazing technology that will exercise your brain, lower your stress levels, reduce anxiety, improve focus, concentration, cognition, and sleep and keep your brain tuned for your journey ahead.
The Doctor Dads interview the brilliant Dr. Patrick Porter founder and Chief BrainTap Officer at BrainTap. Dr. Porter schools The Doctor Dads on the latest science and research on how we can influence and improve our brain health and function, why he is on a mission to better a billion brains, and why this technology is needed for so many.
Patrick K. Porter, Ph.D. is the founder and Chief BrainTap Officer at BrainTap™, which was created with a singular mission in mind: to better a billion brains. With its proprietary app and headset technology, BrainTap enables users to tackle the challenges of today’s stressful world and enhance quality of life through improved brain health. With over 800 uniquely-encoded audio sessions, BrainTap empowers users to reduce stress, sleep better, and maximize performance. Dr. Porter has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, People, Entrepreneur and INC magazines and on ABC, NBC, CBS and the Discovery Channel. He is head of mind-based studies at Quantum University and is a licensed trainer of NLP. He is the author of six books including his popular Thrive in Overdrive: How to Navigate Your Overloaded Lifestyle.
What is BrainTap?
The BrainTap audio-sessions use sound technology, and the BrainTap headset contributes the dimension of light. These combined technologies use a science know as visual/auditory entrainment, a method of guiding the brain through frequency. These frequencies are introduced to the brain through the ears and optic nerve using computerized technology emitted through headphones and a specially visor equipped with light-emitting diodes (LEDs). The lights flash at predetermined frequencies and are coupled with binaural beats, which are heard at a low level through the headphones. The visual/auditory entrainment is typically synchronized, but can be varied depending on the desired effect. BrainTap combines for distinct technologies:
- Light Frequencies – light pulses train the brain to produce a healthy balance of brain wave activity, transforming the listener into a mental powerhouse with the right mindset to accomplish just about any goal. (Delivered via the BrainTap headset.)
- Beats and Tones – Imbedded tones emulate relaxed brain waves, guiding the brain to an extraordinary level of relaxation and meditation. (Delivered via the audio-sessions from the BrainTap mobile app.)
- Auriculotherapy – Trigger points in the ears, called meridians, are known to directly affect the body’s organs and systems. These are typically activated using acupuncture needles, but light frequencies are known to have the same effect. The BrainTap headset are uniquely equipped with 9 LED lights set at the optimum frequency for providing a sublime feeling of serenity and balance…all without needles! (Delivered via the BrainTap headset.)
- Audio-Session Library – Patrick K. Porter, PhD created guided visualization audio sessions to help you become the designer of your own life. With a selection of more than 700 titles—all encoded to work with the BrainTap—you’ll know how to focus on everything you want out of life so you can have it, effortlessly! (Delivered via the BrainTap mobile app.)
- 10-Cycle Holographic Music – The music on the Audio Library audio-recordings is designed to create a full 360-degree experience that delights the mind with calming thoughts and images. (Delivered via the audio-sessions from the BrainTap mobile app.)
BRAINTAP: How does the BrainTap headset work?
The BrainTap headset features harmonizing tones synchronized with gentle light pulses that travel through the ear meridians and the retina, sending direct signals to the brain and guiding you into deep relaxation. This innovative form of brainwave training is called frequency following response, and it provides maximum results in the least amount of time. The flickering light patterns and binaural beats reach the brain by way of the optic nerve and inner ear respectively. Within minutes the brain begins to match the frequencies of the light pulses and sound beats.Unlike biofeedback, where the user attempts to consciously change brainwave activity, light and sound induced entrainment influences the brain without any conscious effort.
What does BrainTap do?
BrainTap lets you reach deeper meditative states without years of disciplined practice, leading to mental clarity and intuition. It enhances sleep so you can awaken feeling rejuvenated and energized. It reduces stress, worry and irritability while supporting emotional stability and mental harmony. By achieving the right mindset, you can lessen negative self-talk and self-destructive impulses and overcome bad habits, freeing you to explore and expanded self-awareness with boundless creativity. Best of all, you will experience the joy of higher states of consciousness where you attract and manifest your desires!
WHAT IS HAPPENING WHEN YOU USE THE BRAINTAP UNIT?
There are a number of things that are going on when you are using the BrainTap unit:
- Your EEG activity is being altered – As the Light & Sound frequency changes, so does the frequency in the brain – it’s that easy!
- You are being dissociated – When playing any of our sessions on the App, you get drawn into the present moment and let go of thoughts relating to your daily hassles, hectic schedules, paying bills, worries, threats or anxieties and stop the unhealthy mental “chatter.” Dissociation involves a “disconnection” of self from thoughts and body awareness, as is experienced during deep meditation. Dissociation begins in four to eight minutes with the Frequency Following Response that is built into each session on the App.
- Your limbic system is being stabilized – Your body is calmed, your breathing becomes rhythmic, your hands warm and your muscles relax. The limbic system is involved in motivation, emotion, learning, and memory.
- A number of neurotransmitters are being produced – People with depressed mood have low levels of serotonin and norepinephrine. Light & Sound stimulation from the BrainTap unit boosts brain levels of serotonin, beta-endorphins and norepinephrine to improve overall well-being.
- Your cerebral blood flow is being increased – CBF is associated with many forms of mental disorders, including anxiety, depression, attentional problems, behavior disorders and impaired cognitive function. CBF tends to lower as we age often causing cognitive decline. People experiencing depressed mood usually have lower levels of CBF in the left frontal and prefrontal lobes.